The chemical inventory is being migrated to a new system - it is temporarily unavailable.

Registration data allows EH&S and PI’s to benefit jointly in many ways, including:

  • PI or designee can go online to review safety training history and requirements for registered personnel. (Note: individual workers can view their own records at Personal Safety Records.
  • Facilitates the reporting of chemical information required by federal, state, and OSU regulations.
  • PI can respond directly to EH&S lab safety assessments and address action items, to ensure timely corrective actions and compliance.

Delegating tasks to your lab manager/lab supervisor:

  • To assign inventory or assessment review tasks to a lab manager or supervisor, contact EH&S and provide name of the person; EH&S will grant them access to manage web data.
  • Annual chemical inventory acknowledgment statements cannot be assigned to a manager, but must be entered by the primary responsible party.

What spaces need to be registered?

In addition to research, teaching and computer labs, this can include any space where hazardous materials or hazardous equipment are stored and/or used, including art studios, mechanical rooms, shops, etc. All spaces of this type are referred to as "labs" and need to be registered with EH&S, even those with no chemicals. 

Questions?  Contact [email protected]

Guidance documents: